La Tranche sur Mer
La Tranche sur Mer, in front of Île de Ré, possesses 13 km of fine sand beach, among which 9 presentations due south.
La Tranche sur Mer frequently attracts surfers who adore its five dream spots. As a Kid Beach Resort, La Tranche sur Mer encourages family-oriented holidays in safe and pleasant surroundings.
The Vendée department has set up a vast bicycle route of 500 kilometres enabling visitors to discover the numerous treasures of this region. Several bike paths criss-cross the land from the coast to the Poitevin marshlands passing by the woodlands.
A guide is available at the Tourist Office. To help out the department, the town has undertaken an 8 to 10-year major bicycle project which has seen its first success come to life between la Terrière village and the town centre – 1300 metres long.
- call in at the Island of Ré, Aix, and sail out to sea nearby Boyard Fortress leaving from La Rochelle et La Tranche sur Mer in July and August
- cruises to the Island of Yeu leaving from Saint Gilles-Croix de Vie and Fromentine
- strolls and sea fishing
- the Aquarium in La Rochelle
- Futuroscope Park in Poitiers – guided tours
- Sound and light show at the Château de Pierre-Levée in Olonne-sur-Mer
- Venise Verte marshlands
- The Nautical Centre
- The Departmental Committee of Tourism
- The Puy du Fou (Classified better show to the world)
- The Salines aux Sables d'Olonne